|Request for Proposals
Soft Drink Vending Services
Paragould School District
1501 W. Court Street
Paragould, AR 72450
April 29, 2019
The Paragould School District is accepting proposals for product and services for district campuses. Products and services need to be in place by August 1, 2019. Products bid must conform to the USDA Smart Snack Guidelines in accordance with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, during the school day.
Bidders should respond in a way to provide:
- Cooler machines and arctic coolers at no cost to the school district. Units must be provided at the current locations, and as requested by the school district. Currently in use are approximately 15 full service vending machines and 15 coolers.
- Vending machines with automated on/off capability and volume counter.
- A monthly revenue summary by school or club reflecting sales volume.
The District reserves the right to price products and determine the location and operating hours of all vending machines, and to make any changes at any time. All commissions must be based on total cash received per machine. A walk-through inspection of the schools and related locations can be arranged upon request. Prices quoted must be made available to the District schools, parent-teacher organizations, and other school-related booster organizations.
As footnoted on the bid form, the volume listed is an estimate used only to calculate bid results. This does not represent a District commitment or future expectation of sales. Venders are encouraged to develop their own volume projection as a basis for bids. Please note that award of this bid will be based on greatest revenue generated for Paragould Schools and not on additional elements such as sponsorships or donation programs.
- Complete the bid form.
- Proposal for five-year period, 7/1/2019-6/30/2024.
- Separate from required bid information and bid determination, please include any recycling bins you can provide, as well as any supplementary products or services. Offerings must be honored for the term of the bid agreement.
- For non-full service products (i.e. concessions, special events, etc.), vendor will allow up to eight weeks for return of unused products and provide a credit in the amount of the original contract price. This allowance should prevent product inventory from becoming stale and worthless to either party.
- Each vendor should plan to be able to move shift, and deliver vending units so that they are installed and operable by August 1, 2019.
- Paragould Schools retains the right to develop the agreement for both parties to execute after bid award.
Deadlines and Submission Instructions
Sealed proposals must be delivered to the Administration Building by 1:00 p.m. Central on May 31, 2019, marked, “SOFT DRINK VENDING SERVICES,”. A recommendation is scheduled for the Board of education Action on June 10, 2019.
Electronic submission of bids: If you wish to submit your bid by email, please e-mail the file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the date and time specified. Be sure that the subject line reads SOFT DRINK VENDING SERVICES. Emailed bids will not be opened until the specified deadline. Emailing your bid is not a requirement. You may mail or hand deliver your bid as described above.
The District is not responsible for lateness or non-delivery by the U.S. Postal Service or by email to the District. The time and date recorded by the District shall be the official time of receipt. Late bids will not be considered. Paragould Schools is not responsible for non-delivery or non-receipt of electronic bids.
If you have questions, please call the office of Debbie Smith, Superintendent, at 870-240-2291. Thank you for your participation in this process.
Click to download bid form